Monday, May 17, 2010

Minneapolis Children's Photographer|Mother & Daughter photo shoot

I really wanted for Mother's Day, to have photos taken with me and my girls. I spend so much time photographing other families and you would think that I have a TON of photos myself, of my own kids. I do have a lot of pictures of my kids but not with me in them. This was my Mother's Day wish. I did get my pictures but of course, much like life, it didn't happen quite exactly as how I planned...

You see, first of all my photo shoot had to happen a week after Mother's Day, because we were sick in our household, no biggie. Then, I don't think I accounted for just how much time it would take to get THREE girls ready, with THREE dresses, THREE heads of hair to do, THREE faces to keep clean... you get the idea.
There happened to be an art fair occuring in and around our studio building, (it IS the arts district of NE Minneapolis afterall...) so that was a HUGE distraction to my girls getting directly into the building without any tantrums over balloons they might have seen or any trucks that may or may not have had cotton candy or other tasty treats.
We also had to set up our shoot, me carrying light stands, a fan, a toddler with only a diaper on... with rollers still in my hair. We must have been a sight.
Whew, I am exhausted just typing this.
At any rate, I got my photos with my little belles, thank goodness Jason had patience for us and our fussing. I would highly recommend a mother & daughter photo session. hmmm... maybe a good idea for mini sessions next year!








No comments:

Post a Comment